BOARD GAME CONSIGNMENT
The Sentry Box features a Consignment Games section, full of gently used games at great prices. Each item (or set of items) has an accompanying condition report, completed by the seller, with information about the games' condition and completeness.
Want to sell your used board games? Each seller must complete a Consignment Contract, available at the store. When you bring in a game to sell, you'll be given a Used Item Tag to complete for each item, including your chosen selling price and information about the game's condition. Our staff will label it with your Seller ID Number listed in your contract and put it out for sale.
- You set the price It can't be changed once submitted - you'll need to take the game back and re-submit it later with a new price
- Your game has 60 days to sell
- When your game sells, you receive 70% of the selling price as Store Credit
- Buyers have 3 days to return the game if it doesn't match the condition described
- If your game doesn't sell within 60 days, we'll contact you to come pick it up
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- We are currently accepting used board games and game books (such as RPGs) to sell. Miniatures, novels, toys, dice, collectibles or other products are currently not being accepted for consignment.
- A seller is limited to five items for sale in our Consignment Games section.
- Within reason, the seller may sell a "set" of items as a single item (such as a game plus expansions, or a set of RPG books). These items will be shrink-wrapped together and presented and sold as a single item.
- The seller is expected to be honest about the condition of their item. The Sentry Box staff will review the items and suggest changes if we deem them appropriate. The condition indicated by the seller will be made available to potential buyers.
- The seller determines a single asking price for the item. Please mark your sale price in whole dollars if possible (but this is not required). This price will be non-negotiable, and The Sentry Box will only sell that item at that price. We will not break up item sets.
- Upon submission, within a reasonable amount of time, The Sentry Box staff will prepare the used game for sale. We will attach a Used Game Slip to the item and shrink wrap the item before shelving. This note includes the asking price of the game and its reported condition.
- Once shelved, an item will be given at least 60 days to sell. After that time, The Sentry Box may ask that the seller take the item back. An unsold item may not be submitted for sale again for at least another 60 days.
- Upon the sale of an item, the buyer will be given 3 days to return the item if he or she does not agree with the game's condition as reported. This is the only condition under which we will accept a used game return.
- Three days after the sale (or as soon as possible), the seller will receive a store credit for 70% of the asking price of the item, as submitted by the seller. The Sentry Box will process any Sales Tax associated with the purchase.
- The Sentry Box has the right to refuse to accept any item due to demand, condition, appropriateness, existing copies already for sale, or any other reason.
- A Used Game is sold on consignment and remains the property of the original owner until such a time as it sells or is removed from circulation. The Sentry Box does not purchase used games for resale.
- The Sentry Box will assume responsibility for the care of item while in our possession. If the item is lost or stolen, it will be considered sold and the seller paid out accordingly.
- Unsold games that are not picked up more than 60 days after we attempt to contact the seller may be considered abandoned and become properly of The Sentry Box. This is considered a last resort - we will make multiple attempts to contact you before that time.